Advent Calendar Day 2: Hanna Maciejewska

Meiju Knits Advent Calendar Day 2: Featuring Hanna Maciejewska





(Photo Hanna Maciejewska)

My series of featured designers begins with Hanna Maciejewska. Hanna's designs are full of beautiful, lovely details and her strength are amazing sweaters. Her designs are seamless (always my favorite, mostly top-down and very feminine). 

Ravelry Name: Hada131
Designer Name: Hanna Maciejewska
Ravelry designer page: http://www.ravelry.com/designers/hanna-maciejewska


Hanna tells about herself: "I am a proud mother of a beautiful girl who sometimes draws things for me to knit. My husband is very supportive of my knitting and designing hobby and extremely helpful with computer questions. He doesn’t knit, though!

My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was a little girl. In High School, I knit sweaters all the time – all my own creations, but only a few years ago I realized that knitting and designing knitwear is truly my biggest passion!

Since there are countless new ideas in my head at any given time, I prefer to construct my garments and accessories as smartly and seamlessly as possible to save time on finishing and move on to the next idea.
If I like a certain feature with a garment, for instance a special neckline or certain type of fit, I might revisit that idea later and explore it further with a new design. However, I tend to not repeat stitch patterns unless in matching sets.
I do love nature, especially the mountains. How I wished I lived closer to them! Nature and time spent in my garden always provide me with an abundance of inspiration, not by directly copying what I see, but rather by providing impressions and memories to draw upon later.


One of my favorite parts of designing, is getting to work with so many wonderful people.
I especially cherish the international friendship aspect of being a designer, getting to know knitters in different countries and being able to collaborate with other designers, knitting magazines, and fiber artists." 


Kommentit

Suositut tekstit